Friday, September 3, 2010

New Pieces and new fabric!

After trying to find this amazing quilt store called New Pieces at their new location and failing a few weeks ago, today, success!!!! They are a fabulous quilt store in Berkeley, CA and I was so beyond thrilled I got to visit them!
I was very kindly greeted by the vivacious and kindhearted owner, Sharona Fischrup, who I met a few months ago at the East Bay Modern Quilt Group meetings. I cannot say enough about how rock star awesome my journey through the store was, so let's get to the purchases!!!

cute bag holding all the goodies


for my sister

the trees drew me to this fabric

landmark covered fabric

Now my favorite. I've seen this fabric online and almost cried in pure joy over seeing this fabric in real life. I wish I could buy the whole bolt, OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!





Alexander Henry Cotton Lawn Como Multi

I ended up getting 3/4's of a yard, which for me is ALOT, since I have a teeny, tiny craft budget. But here it is, in my home. I may just stare at it for awhile and when I can afford to buy more, I probably will. I wish I could make a quilt out of just this fabric. I just sighed at the though of that.

(p.s. all fabrics are Alexander Henry Fabrics Collection)


(p.p.s. I seriously would cover my whole house and have my whole wardrobe made out of the Alexander Henry Cotton Lawn Como Multi fabric, that's how much in love I am with it.)

1 comment:

Jennwith4 said...

Going to a new fabric shop is so much fun! Love all the purchases. I made a skirt for my oldest daughter out of the pony fabric at the top.