Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration

I was thinking about what inspires me when I quilt. There are so many different things; my favorite colors at the moment, nature, magazines, fashion, the people in my life, memories, nostalgia, and other quilters. Today I want to try to share some pictures that in some tiny way show what moves me to create quilts.

This first picture may seem odd, but I love the way this staircase seems so serene and inviting. I just want to climb up and see where it goes. It also is an example of great lines, which can be easily translated into a quilt.


I am also really inspired by nature. I love the way plants have so many variations in color, texture and shape. Behind my home there are these amazing trails that I walk my puppy on. During these walks I love soaking in the tall grasses, blooming plants and towering trees. I think part of what I want to do with quilting is bring in these feelings, and nuance of our surroundings.







No comments: