Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flying Geese quilt.


I like to work on two or three things at once, it helps me stay focused and not get too frustrated. Right now I am working on the pinwheel quilt (see March 8, 2010 post) and this flying geese quilt. My sister is my fabric dealer right now since I have a very tiny craft budget! In her generosity she gave me this quilt to finish, having already done the most difficult part, cutting out the fabric. I love the colors, I think of the awakening of spring every time I work on this quilt. I like that it goes together much faster than the pinwheel quilt, which I have been working on for over a year now. I pick it up for a day or two than move onto something else. Since the "geese" quilt is easier I can jump from this quilt to the pinwheel quilt.

Oh! I almost forgot! I fixed my machine! Yesterday's post I mentioned my machine was making a clunking sound. After consulting with the manual, I took off the plate and disassembled the bobbin case area (so technical!) and it was horribly dusty! I would have taken pictures, but it was embarrassing how dirty my machine had become! I cleaned it out, put on the machine oil and put it back together. It took me about an hour all together but it was wonderfully satisfying! My machine is humming along again and so quite! I couldn't be happier, unless I had an even nicer sewing machine!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Way to go on the quilt!! It's looking great. And I'm glad to hear you are so tech savvy with the machine. Now I know who to go to for help!!