Friday, October 22, 2010

Sewing FAIL

I was working on an applique project and a little fuzz ended up in the needle/sewing foot area. I of course decided I needed to get the fuzz off right then, instead of waiting, say like when I have stopped SEWING.


I broke the needle with my thumb!!! I couldn't believe it! Thankfully I was very lucky and I got a very minor cut/hole in the top of my thumb. The needle though wasn't as lucky.


On top is what the needle should look like, the bottom one is totally bent and the eye is completely gone. Now you know, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! I mean who would anyway?

Have a safe sewing weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Granny said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I ran the needle through my fingernail the other day and just missed the end of my finger. I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were.

This Mommy Made It said...

Thanks Granny J! I think it was kind of a shock I did that more than anything, and man it totally hurt! Glad you weren't hurt either.

Cristin said...

oh my goodness be careful! i have yet to punch a hole in my thumb but i'm sure my day is coming :-)
Glad you're ok!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Oh no!!! That looks so painful. *wincing* I'm glad it wasn't too bad.