Monday, October 18, 2010

Mini quilting retreat.


While my b.f. stayed home and played video games I went to my sister Katie's house. I brought my new sewing machine, some quilts and other projects I am working on and of course my camera. I like to have lots of options in case I get restless with what I am working on. I spent a nice, lazy Saturday afternoon sewing, laughing and chatting with my sister and her partner in their cute little art studio behind their even cuter house.


a small bit of my sister's fabric stash


My sister got this book as a birthday gift, Material Obsession 2 by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke. I have the first one, but I can't wait to get this next one too! My sister decided to make the quilt on the cover! I am excited to see the end result!



strips of fabric for the Material Obsession 2 quilt


baby quilt my sister is working on

My sewing space. I was running around taking pictures, that's why it's such a mess!



my sister, look closely in between the curtains, hi!

My sister-in-law, Jenn Shifflett, painting. She is working on paintings for her upcoming show at the S.F. MOMA artists gallery in January. This picture does not do her work justice!





little Bohdi Snow, showing me his toys

Talking about quilts. Always good to get a different perspective!

No comments: