Friday, April 23, 2010

It's on!

In the words of my sister, "It's on!". Indeed it is my friend, it's on, so let's get started!
My sister Katie and I took a little trip to Half Price Books in Concord during her lunch break yesterday. We both loved their quilt book section! After spending most of her hour break looking at books we both found what we loved. One in particular stood out to both of us, called Flowering Favorites, from Piece O' Cake Designs, by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins.



I have been wanting to learn applique and this book is perfect for some spring/summer quilts! My sister and I decided to choose a quilt from the book and work on them at the same time. I chose the quilt on the cover called Flowering Vines. What I love about this quilt is that it goes along with the previous quilt I just made, the Rainbow Stripes quilt. It seems fun to continue the theme in some ways.



My sister chose the Briar Rose quilt. This picture does not do it justice. I cannot wait to see what fabrics she will use!


Of course no post would be complete without sharing a picture of our puppy Mason. He likes to always be right there in whatever I am doing, especially when I am taking pictures!


Remember to check back and see our progress on these quilts!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yeah!! I am so excited to quilt along with you!! Sisters unite! And I love that Mason is a quilting puppy!!