Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beginning quilter.

As a beginning quilter I am struggling most with binding my quilts. Once again I ripped out the binding on this striped rainbow quilt since it didn't turn out how I wanted. After looking at many different ways of binding, and trying them I still cannot make it look good!
My first few quilts I used the already made binding from the fabric store. As I have made other quilts I have wanted to make a coordinating binding. So this current quilt sits unfinished until I can bind it! It really is my learning curve right now.

3 comments:

pippinsequim said...

What was it that you didn't like about the binding? Do you think it is homemade versus purchased binding? I bind my quilts using the method that I read about here: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/binding-tutorial.html and I haven't had any particular problems with it.

Katie said...

Sad the binding didn't work out. Are you sure you're not to hard on yourself? I imagine it actually looks better than you think! Hang in there!!

This Mommy Made It said...

Binding is by nemesis of quilting! What I didn't like about the binding I did was the corners. It seems with the store bought binding I made nice corners. I really struggled with making the corners look good when I made the binding myself.
Thanks for the suggestion, ircabbit, I love the crazymomquilts blog and will check out the binding tip on there!