Monday, April 19, 2010

Focus on fabric!

This week join me as I look through my fabric stash! Today we are going to look at my collection of yellow fabric. I began buying bits of yellow fabric here and there, wanting to eventually make a quilt all made of this beautiful color.

The yellow dot fabric in the picture above is from the Pokemon quilt I made for DJ over a year ago (please see post from June 10, 2009).

In the picture below is a yard or more of this very brilliant and bold yellow. Oh, I love it so! It's almost an egg yolky kind of yellow. I also got this fabric for DJ's quilt but it was way too girly to use in his quilt!


The fat quarter of yellow leaf fabric below I bought at JoAnn's probably over six months ago when these were on sale. I also love a sale!!


My favorite of all is this yellow umbrella and bow fabric called, Aunt Grace Fifteenth Anniversary Collection 2006 from the Collection of Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers Textiles Inc. I love the whimsy of the bows, and the fun of what I like to think of as parasols.



Join me again tomorrow for more fabric fun!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the yellow umbrellas! It is always great to see what other people have in their stash!!