Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Craft closet

Now that we have made the move, the setting up of our home begins. The most important part to me, apart from the kitchen, is my craft closet. Right now I just have my craft stuff packed in the closet willy-nilly!


Some of my fabric and finished amigurumi stuffed animals hang out waiting for me to use!

My most favorite thing in this closet, my sewing machine! Kind of hard to see but its down in the right hand corner hidden next to that box holding all of my handmade cards. Even though it's not fancy, it is my sturdy friend, and I cannot wait to use it again. Unfortunately we got rid of our dining table where I used to sew. I am searching for a smaller sewing table that I can quilt on.


I found a small desk on IKEA.com that may work for my quilting projects. What do you use to quilt on? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I sew with my machine on a dining room table as well ($40 on craigslist). I might be a little weird, but I didn't want to have my sewing stuff set up in its own room because then I would be the only person in there all the time. So, I have my machine up almost all the time in the dining room. The table is pretty big for the two of us, and if we decide to eat there, there's usually plenty of room if I just move my stuff to the side. When we have guests, I put my stuff in the bedroom temporarily.

I used to use a rectangular folding table, and I am keeping that around so that when I quilt things, I can set it up behind the dinner table. That way my quilt won't drape off the edge of the table and will be easier to move. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm so sure it's a brilliant idea. That brings me to the good thing about using a dinner table - they are usually a standard height (29 3/4"), so it makes things easy if you want to add an extra table behind it for quilting.

This Mommy Made It said...

Ruth that is such a great idea! It always seems I need more room for my quilt when I sew on it! I like the idea of being able to sew on it with out having to fold it up over and over! I'm still on the hunt for a good size table, but I love your idea.

Katie said...

I think Ruth has a great idea - Craigslist - cheap tables abound. Good luck on finding something QUICKLY!!! Can't wait too long to quilt!!