Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quilt Show! Quilt Show! Quilt Show! (from awhile ago)

I am awake at 3 in the morning not able to sleep. Wanted to do a blog post but not wake anyone up by taking pictures of the progress I made yesterday on my flowering vines quilt. Let's look at some pictures from the East Bay Heritage Quilter's Voices In Cloth 2010 quilt show in Oakland, CA. The show was at the Oakland Convention Center on April 10-11th, which happened to be the weekend I was moving. I was so happy we finished moving in time for me to attend this show!

Sorry for not having the quilter's information! This is the first time I have gone to a quilt show and then wrote about it (extremely after the fact) on my blog. Promise to do better next time!!




I loved the detail of this quilt. Standing back and close up reveals two different experiences of this work.




I wish I had a more detailed picture of this quilt. It was incredible, as you can see.





I love the movement in this quilt, not only in the pattern but also in the machine quilting.







This particular quilt was one of my favorites. The star block, in all its varieties is one of my top blocks. I would have liked to see this quilt without the green in it. My eye is drawn to the green and takes away the focus from the overall design of the quilt.



Love this quilt though, that is why I am standing, smiling in front of it!

look, in my hand all the info.

No comments: