Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Things you may not know about me.


  1. I am a twin. My sister and I were born a minute apart, her first. She says we are a few minutes apart, so she is that much older than me!
  2. I grew up in a very small town in Nebraska but now live in California via Washington state. I think all those places shaped me in some way.
  3. I learned to sew from my Grandma and 4-H. I learned to love sewing and all things creative from my Mom.
  4. I earned a Masters degree in Psychology but don't use the degree. Some days I feel good about it and some days I wish things were different.
  5. I was born with a serious heart condition. Finally as an adult I feel in control of my health and see all the struggle I went through was worth it, just to be where I am today.
  6. I tend to be somewhat shy, but once I know you I cannot stop talking.
  7. I love Starbucks Chai Cream Frappacino, venti of course!
  8. I want to be good at something right away. Quilting is no exception. I am learning to be okay with my mistakes, actually to see them as something creative, this helps me to keep going.
  9. I am in love with the man in my life and cannot imagine my life without him. We hope to soon be parents. I never thought I would ever be able to have a baby, but was given permission by my cardiologists earlier this year. We are excited and nervous for what lies ahead, but are so ready!
  10. I have always loved to write, but have struggled with my "voice" as a writer. Got in the habit of being very dry and academic from all the years in college. I love blogging though, and love that I can be myself.

No comments: