Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pinwheel Quilt

Out comes the Pinwheel Quilt! I first blogged about this quilt on March 8, 2010. I was going to work on the flying geese quilt but found the Pinwheel quilt first in my craft closet. Sadly, this w.i.p. has been in the u.f.o. pile since March. I am excited to give it another go and see if I can finish it this time around. Now for some pictures!

A pile of triangles waiting to be turned into pinwheels.


Here is a better perspective, seems like a mini mountain of fabric! I totally have my moments when I am making a quilt where I feel a little overwhelmed by all the piecing that I still need to get through!




A few finished pinwheels. Well, not finished all the way. I think I am going to add corners to them so they are squared up and there is some space between each pinwheel (that is a different blog post for a different day though!).




Being completely revealing here is the back of one of the pinwheels! Aaaghhhh! Don't judge too harshly! I was just about to write a few excuses for why it's so wonky but I won't! This is what the back looks like, so now you know I really am showing you my process!



Stack of Pinwheel blocks waiting to be ironed.




No comments: