Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh blocks!

Welcome to the continuation of my improvised pinwheel quilt. I think I have to come up with a new name for it since it's not really pinwheels anymore!

Remember this?
Once I have my squares or rectangles (let's be honest, this is not a precise quilt!) I then add this really pretty cream colored cotton to the sides.
I cut 2" x length of fabric strips of this cotton and sew it to each side.




This is how the blocks will look when finished.



I love how this is turning out. Not following a pattern has allowed me a lot of room for creativity. In some ways though it is a relief to see it coming together. I think I may actually get a few quilts out of these blocks!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh I love that Amy Butler you are using...I'm pretty sure it is out of print now. I have a bunch of fat quarters for a quilt I've been putting off from that same line of hers. I wish they would print it again cause it was one of my favorites. Your blocks look great!

This Mommy Made It said...

Sarah- I know, I love Amy Butler's fabric! I tend to hang on to fabric for a long time before I use it, especially when it's some of my favorites like Amy Butler's!