Monday, October 1, 2012

A new day of swimming and life.

I some times get jealous of other people's success. I get caught up in the day to day stuff of cleaning, toddler raising and feeding everyone. When I can find the time to step away from things for a moment I see that I too can create a path to my own success.

Beginning today I am committing to creating my own plan to sewing/crafting success. I define success as making, dare I say it, a LIVING from my sewing. There, I said it! I've probably said it before, but I tell you I get going on that path and so easily get sidetracked!

Last night I grabbed a piece of paper from the printer and made an action plan for this week. Since I want to show my process, even the nitty gritty, I will show you my notes tomorrow.

One of my goals is to not only sew but to draw again. I used to draw all of the time, and just like sewing or writing, we all have a creative voice and I am not sure what that looks like when it comes to my drawing anymore. So today and went and bought a sketch pad! Next I gotta dig through my craft closet and pull out my paints.

I am really excited for my renewed commitment to my creative path!

Oh yeah! So part of this whole thing is I am going to doing something, anything creative every day for one year! 365 days straight everyone! Let's see what happens!

On a side note it was super hot here today, close to 100 degrees, so I blew up the kiddie pool and let the little cutie swim!





Yes, that's me taking pictures of her in the background. My lovely man took this picture of us both.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Michelle said...

WOOHOO I am excited for you.

What a cutie in the pool!!!!

Katie said...

This sounds like a great plan! I can't wait to see your drawings. You have always been an amazing artist in so many ways!
And again, your honesty rocks!!