Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Folded edge pillowcase

I am not always sure what to give people for Christmas, and this year was no exception! I really wasn't sure what to get or make for my sister-in-law. After telling my sister, she suggested I make her some pillowcases, perfect!

I had made pillowcases before and loved how simple and beautiful they turned out. For this project my sister gave me two different fabrics that she wanted two sets of king size pillowcases made out of. The challenge for me was figuring out how to make both sets out of just one strip of fabric.
I ended up taking one of the pillowcases we had at home that were store bought and made them from that.



I basically folded a 23 x 86 piece of fabric, folded in half lengthwise and sewed down one side and across what became the bottom of the pillowcase. I then folded down the top to the inside of the case by 6 inches. Very simple but they ended up being really pretty.


close up of the top hem folded into the pillowcase

finished strawberry pillowcase set

both finished sets

look inside at the folded hem on the pink pillowcase
Thankfully my sister-in-law loved them!

1 comment:

Granny said...

Both fabrics are really pretty. Pillowcases are something everyone can use and there is no limit to the available patterns and colors. I'm going to put pillowcases on the list of things I'm planning to make for next Christmas. It's never too early to start.