Monday, December 20, 2010

Doggy quilt continued

I have always loved applique quilts, but am also intimidated by the process. Since I tried the Cricut and it didn't work for me, I decided to just cut it out by hand. I have often thought that since I know how to draw, it shouldn't be too hard to do this on my own.


I first drew a rough sketch of what I wanted the applique to look like.


I drew the bone on the back of the fabric onto the Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite. I wrote out the name, just to see how I wanted to fit that on there.


Both applique's completely cut out.




All ironed together

Sewing the applique onto the quilt, very slowly.

Mason sitting on my lap, hoping this quilt is for him!

Now I am almost finished, just have to bind the quilt! Yeah!!

5 comments:

Granny said...

Love the doggie quilt. It's a good thing Mason can't read or you'd be in trouble. lol I love that sweet little face.

Katie said...

Wow! you are so talented and an inspiration:) I love your creativity. Really, gushing cuz I am inspired:)

This Mommy Made It said...

Thanks Granny J and Katie!!! This quilt was so fun to make, glad you both liked it too!!

Cat Mandu said...

Hi, Mason. I'll have to ask my Mom to make me a quilt, too! I love fabric, and drag it all around the house.
Mandu
(Mom's blog--Applique on the Go)

machen und tun said...

although i am a catperson: Mason just looks too cute!! and i agree, you´re very lucky he can´t read otherwise you´d be in trouble..
happy new year!!
Claudia