Friday, June 15, 2012

Birthday Dress

In yesterday's post I talked about, for me, the dreaded Single Fold Bias Tape (or sfbt). It won't be so dreaded eventually, because I will learn how to use it properly!

I promised pictures of a project I am working on where I have to use it around the neck and arm holes. I am making a dress for my daughter to wear when she eats her birthday cake. (Sorry Michelle and Katie, I am ruining this surprise).


I am using Simplicity pattern #3854. I am making the top left dress pictured below.




I bought some Yo Gabba Gabba fabric which I am using for this dress.  Here are parts of the dress cut out.






So let me show you my attempts at using sfbt.
First the neck:




Not as good as I would like, but that is why I am showing you, my wonderful blog followers. The next time a project calls for sfbt I would like to make my own and use matching fabric, which I think would look better.

Now for the arm holes. These are in progress, waiting for my sister to return my sewing machine. She is using it to embroider something, another birthday surprise!






I love this fabric and I know this dress will be super cute! I think sometimes we are our harshest critic! It's all part of the process though, which I love just as much as the end result. I will leave you with pictures of my daughter and doggie.


Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Katie said...

I love it! You are a great writer. And, I promise I will return your sewing machine so soon!! It is gonna be great!

Michelle R. Slape said...

I can't wait to see the finished dress!!!!!!!