Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Crafty New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!
I want to start the New Year off right, with a blog post! One of my new year's resolution is to revitalize my blog.
Now that my baby girl Madison is six months old, I have a little more time to finally craft.

One of the things I made for Christmas was a wreath for our door. I wrapped a Styrofoam wreath in white yarn. I then accented it with red hydrangea petals.





The hydrangea was velvety, with sparkles dotted on its petals. I originally bought the hydrangea for Madison's headband that she wore for our family pictures.







The other project I started was making tutu's for Madison. A little girl can never have too many! When I visited my mom in Oregon recently she gave me a bunch of tulle she wasn't using. I just learned how to make the very simple tutu, and did a cute mix of peach, plum and cream colored tulle accented with a muted purple ribbon.


It was hard to get a picture of Madison not trying to eat the tutu, but here it is on her!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! Yeah 2012!

No comments: