Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I love my Cherry quilt!

I decided one day to go to Joann's fabric store and buy a fat quarter of all the cherry fabric I could find. Who knew they had so many?! I think I bought 10 different patterns of cherries! 

I wanted to do a diagonal style quilt in strips. It was very simple and went quickly. The strips were cut 3 1/2" x length of fabric. I then added a gingham fabric I had in my stash as a nice accent border. The gingham strips were 3" x length of quilt. I then used deep red Kona cotton for the back of the quilt and binding. The final size of this baby quilt is 38"x40".





Closer detail of the quilt.




Mason being so cute in front of the cherry quilt, which he loves! I think he wants every quilt I make for himself!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Mason looks so cute in front of your quilt!!! When is your cherry quilt going to be listed on Etsy? I want one:)