Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DJ's quilt.


This is the second quilt I have made, this time using part of a pattern, and making the rest up!
My 5 year old nephew loves Pokemon and we often have long conversations about our favorite Pokemon, the moves they have, which is the best, the worst, the strongest. I love talking to him about it, really I am going to miss these conversations as he gets older. His mom Michelle asked me to make a quilt for him using the Pokemon material she found on ebay. I think she asked me almost a year ago! Well the whirlwind of my life finally settled down, landing me and my boyfriend in our new home in Walnut Creek, CA. I started the work on this quilt a month ago and finished the final touches last night. I cannot tell you how many times I called my best friend Sarah and my twin sister Katie for advice and encouragement! Often the calls would be late at night! Thanks to them, I made it and was able to finish my second quilt. Enjoy! Soon to come hopefully pictures of DJ with his quilt!!

1 comment:

Michelle R. Slape said...

We LOVE the quilt!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

I will definitely take pics of him and the quilt!